7.09.2009

Caleb's First 4th of July!

We kept 4th of July pretty low key this year. We went over to my parents' house and had a BBQ. We grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, and Boca burgers (for those of us in the Biggest Loser challenge). We had corn and zucchini cooked on the grill and lots and lots of fruit. A friend brought over homemade guacamole and it was delicious! (I only had two chips dipped in it - trying to be good - but I just HAD to try it. I love guacamole!!)
Most of the guests went down the road a little bit to watch the fireworks from town, but Caleb, Archer, my mom, Katie, and I stayed back. We ate ice cream instead (slow churned, half the fat, of course :) When everyone got back, we did our own fireworks out in the driveway. Caleb and I only watched 3 of them, then decided to go back inside. It was getting a little chilly (which was awesome cuz it had been so hot!) and Caleb was a little fussy.
Here's some pictures of the festivities:

1 comment:

Toni said...

Caleb is so cute! Its been too long since I have seen him. Keep posting!